Indiana Energy Conference
October 3 @ 9:00 AM - 4:30 PM - University Place Conference Center, IUPUI, 850 W Michgan St, Indianapolis
Exploring Emerging Energy Issues
THIS ANNUAL GATHERING …Brings together decision-makers from a broad spectrum of business sectors including:
- Energy Community
Join these leaders and your fellow stakeholders for a first-rate conference!
CLE Credit Applied For CPA and CPE Approved
University Place Conference Center
Indiana University-Purdue University
850 West Michigan Street
Extreme Weather and the Water-Energy Connection:
- What’s happening with Indiana’s climate and how will it affect policy and long-term planning?
- Heat, drought, disaster areas, water restrictions … Are business and policy leaders in the state ready to move from an era of assessment to one of mitigation and adaptation?
- Law Professor Eric Dannenmaier, Director of the Environmental and Natural Resources Law Program at IU Law School
KEYNOTES: Indiana Candidates for Lt. Governor to discuss views on energy!
- Rep. Sue Ellspermann (R)
- Senator Vi Simpson (D)
- James D. Atterholt, Chairman, Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission
- David Stippler, Indiana Utility Consumer Counselor
EPA Regulations Set the Stage: A look at the political landscape and the daunting task of environmental success in a struggling U.S. Economy.
- Bernie Paul, Energy Consultant
- John Kinsman, Edison Electric Institute
Are They Moving the U.S. Beyond Coal? Are the EPA regs leading us away from coal-fired power permanently? Or are we on the correct course?
- Hal Quinn, National Mining Association
Cutting the Carbon: If not Coal, then what? What makes up a new generation mix due to the projected EPA impacts? Are they viable alternatives? At what cost?
A Look at the Future of Alternative Energy Sources: Are new technologies driving the growing trend towards distributed and self generation? What are the long term consequences for the utility industry?
- Dr. Fred Beach, Center for International Energy & Environmental Policy, University of Texas at Austin
Small Modular Reactors – The Next Big Thing? Will they reduce risks associated with deploying nuclear power? Is this significant to power generation portfolios?
- Darren Gale, Babcock & Wilcox
Let’s Talk Energy Efficiency: Utilities across the country are increasingly turning to energy efficiency as the lowest-cost energy resource. Let’s examine the history of these programs.
- Anna Chittum, American Council for an Energy-Efficiency Economy (ACEEE)
Alternative Fuels/Natural Gas Fueling: It had to happen sooner or later. Natural Gas is considered a much cleaner fuel than petroleum. Are we gradually making the shift to increase the demand for natural gas?
- Marc D. Klein, Clean Energy
Making Decisions on Infrastructure: The focus in the energy sector might be on environmental regulations and generation resources, but make no mistake – transmission is the most essential part of the energy landscape.
- Wayne Galli, Clean Line Energy
- Wayne Schug, MISO
There are 4 easy ways to register:
- MAIL check payable to “Indiana Energy Conference” to Kay Squires, One American Square, Ste. 2500, Indianapolis, IN 46282.
- FAX this registration, with credit card info, to Kay Squires at (317) 639-4882
- WEBSITE: Go to www.indiec.com
- CALL Kay Squires at (317) 639-1210
- COST: Includes conference admission, materials, and luncheon.
- HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS University Place Hotel (317) 269-9000
- CANCELLATIONS/REFUNDS: Refund requests will be reduced to a fee of $50.
Substitutions are welcomed and encouraged at no charge. Please contact Kay Squires to
designate a substitute.
IMPORTANT! Presentation materials:
In order to keep conference fees at the lowest cost to you, the conference materials will be
available online. Materials will be posted on the website at www.indiec.com. The link to this
information will be emailed to you prior to the conference. You may download these
materials and print a copy to take with you.
- Citizens Energy Group
- Duke Energy
- Indiana Industrial Energy Consumers, Inc. (INDIEC)
- Indiana Michigan Power-A Unit of American Electric Power
- Indiana Municipal Power Agency
- Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor
- Indiana’s Rural Electric Cooperatives
- Indiana Utility Report
- Indianapolis Power & Light Company
- Purdue University Technical Assistance Program
- Purdue University Energy Center in Discovery Park
- Vectren Corporation
Contributing Planning Member:
- Office of Lt. Governor
Registration Deadline: September 27
City: _________________________ State: ___________ Zip: _____________
Business Phone: ___________________________________________________
REGISTRATION FEES (Please check appropriate boxes)
___ $225 Registration Fee
___ $125 Registration Fee for Government Employee
CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING PAYMENT OPTIONS:
___ Check is enclosed payable to “Indiana Energy Conference”
___ Credit Card [ ] Visa [ ] Mastercard [ ] Discovery [ ] AmEx
Credit Card Number: ________________________________________________
Expiration Date: ____________________________________________________
- Kay Squires