PURDUE UNIVERSITY BOARD OF TRUSTEES
FINANCE COMMITTEE
FEBRUARY 3, 2023 | MINUTES

A meeting of the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees convened at 9:28 a.m. on Friday, February 3, 2023, in Room 326 of Stewart Center on the campus of Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana.

Committee members present: Mike Klipsch, Chair; Sonny Beck; Malcolm DeKryger; and Shawn Taylor. All other trustees were present: Michael Berghoff; JoAnn Brouillette; Vanessa Castagna; Theresa Carter; Mark Gee; and Gary Lehman.

Officers and administrators in attendance were: Mung Chiang, president; Patrick Wolfe, provost and executive vice president for academic affairs and diversity; Chris Ruhl, chief financial officer and treasurer; Eva Nodine, senior vice president, assistant treasurer, and assistant secretary; Steve Schultz, general counsel; Cindy Ream, corporate secretary and senior executive assistant to the Board; and Ron Elsenbaumer, chancellor, Purdue University Fort Wayne.

I. APPROVAL OF EQUIPMENT PURCHASE – MACKEY CONTROL ROOM UPGRADE*

Committee chair Mike Klipsch shared the request from athletics seeking approval for the Mackey Control Room Upgrade Project that currently serves game production for both Mackey Arena and Ross-Ade Stadium events. The equipment purchase will bring the system up to date at a cost of $2.8 million. The installation has an expected final completion date of September 15, 2023. Upon proper motion duly made and seconded, the Finance Committee voted unanimously to recommend full Board approval of Equipment Purchase – Mackey Control Room Upgrade. Supporting documents were filed with the minutes.

II.  ADJOURNMENT

By consent, the meeting adjourned at 9:36 a.m.

  • 02-03-23 | Finance Committee