PURDUE UNIVERSITY BOARD OF TRUSTEES
FINANCE COMMITTEE
APRIL 14, 2023 | MINUTES


A meeting of the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees convened at 10:34 a.m. on Friday, April 14, 2023, in Room 326 of Stewart Center on the campus of Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana.

Committee members present: Mike Klipsch, Chair; Sonny Beck; and Malcolm DeKryger. Shawn Taylor participated via conference call. Other trustees present: Michael Berghoff; JoAnn Brouillette; Vanessa Castagna; Theresa Carter; and Mark Gee. Gary Lehman was not in attendance.

Officers and administrators in attendance were: Mung Chiang, president; Patrick Wolfe, provost and executive vice president for academic affairs and diversity; Chris Ruhl, chief financial officer and treasurer; Eva Nodine, senior vice president, assistant treasurer, and assistant secretary; Steve Schultz, general counsel; Cindy Ream, corporate secretary and senior executive assistant to the Board; and Thomas Keon, chancellor, Purdue University Northwest.

I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES

Upon proper motion duly made and seconded, the Finance Committee voted unanimously to approve the minutes of its meetings convened on October 7, 2022; February 3, 2023, and Executive Sessions convened on January 27, 2023 and April 7, 2023.

II. APPROVAL OF CONTRACT IN EXCESS OF $2M FOR HURON, RELATED TO A NEW ELECTRONIC RESEARCH ADMINISTRATION SYSTEM*

Committee chair Mike Klipsch shared the request to purchase an electronic research software package which would replace a very outdated system. He introduced Ken Sandel, senior director sponsored program services and senior intellectual property officer. Mr. Sandel shared that the Huron Research Suite is intended to serve all Purdue campuses and affiliated organizations. He noted that the next generation eRA system would facilitate the link between all research processes including pre-award, negotiations, post-award, regulatory and compliance and research security activities. He shared that it is a $6.8M contract over 5 years noting it is a partnership with support during installation, set-up and working through the challenges of a new system.

Upon proper motion duly made and seconded, the Finance Committee voted unanimously to recommend full Board approval of Contract in Excess of $2M for Huron, Related to a New Electronic Research Administration System. A copy of the presentation and supporting documents were filed with the minutes.

III. ADJOURNMENT

By consent, the meeting adjourned at 10:49 a.m.

  • 04-14-23 | Finance Committee