Purdue Convocations is a leading multi-disciplinary performing arts presenting organization. While proudly affiliated with Purdue University, Purdue Convocations supports itself through ticket sales, individual and corporate contributions, foundation and government grants, endowment income, and proceeds from benefit events. Purdue Convocations offers approximately 30 performances (August through May) each season by top-ranking international artists including symphony orchestras, dance and theater companies, and a wide array of chamber music ensembles, solo recitalists, jazz artists, world music artists, opera, choral groups, and special attractions performed in multiple University and community venues.
Internships provide experience to students who have an interest in the related fields of arts administration. All interns, whether unpaid or paid as a part of the government work-study program, make a commitment to work an average of ten hours per week. Interns will receive valuable experience and contacts in many fields of the performing arts, and tickets to most Purdue Convocations performances.
All interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 28, 2015. (Use INTERNSHIP in subject line.)
Internship will begin at the beginning of September 2015
Digital Marketing Intern
DEPARTMENT: Purdue Convocations
REPORTS TO: Marketing Associate
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Are you an expert content creator on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Reddit, YouTube, or WordPress? Do you obsess about breaking news and hot events that are trending on campus? Are you a highly-involved student that can’t wait to tell the world? We are looking for outstanding students to manage social media, marketing, and communications for Purdue University Convocations. You would also work with Convocations marketing team to manage communications and concert and event promotions throughout the academic year.
This is a paid internship and Federal Work Study eligibility is preferred but not required.
- Advanced experience using most social networks including the following: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, Reddit, WordPress, Tumblr, etc.
- Strong writing skills with a unique “voice” and authentic style
- Demonstrated knowledge of graphic design, photography, and videography
- Experience creating content using some or all of the following: Photoshop, Illustrator, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, or other graphics, photo, and video editing software
Preferred Skills and Availability
- Significant social network
- Experience with social media management using tools such as HootSuite, Tweetdeck, Tweetbot, etc.
- Involvement in organizations, clubs, activities, and event planning
- Knowledge of and/or participation in Purdue Convocations, arts marketing, cultural events, concert planning and promotion
- Leadership experience
- Creative writing, marketing, communications, journalism experience
- Ability to work at least part of the time remotely and after business hours and weekends for events
DEPARTMENT: Purdue Convocations
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing
Purdue Convocations is looking for a new Student Courier!
Looking for a rock star, self-starter to:
- Deliver brochures and post posters and fliers on- and off-campus
- Seek out new posting locations, including soliciting permission from local businesses
- Run miscellaneous errands for the department on- and off-campus
- Work up to 10 hours / week
Benefits include: This is a PAID hourly position, “A” Purdue Parking Pass and free tickets to Convocations performances!