The Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 undergraduate research conferences both provide opportunities to share your work with the greater Purdue community and practice your oral and written communication skills with a poster symposium and oral presentations. Including your conference participation on your resumé or curriculum vita can demonstrate these skills. However, there are differences between the two events to consider.
NOTE: You can present at both conferences but cannot present the same poster or oral presentation - it must be a different project or an updated poster or presentation. If you have any questions about participating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2018 Purdue Undergraduate Research Exposition (Fall Expo)
Monday, November 12: Oral Presentations, STEW 214ABCD & Poster Symposium, PMU Ballrooms
This new event is open to all undergraduate researchers.
- Posters will not be judged unless your program requires your poster to be judged. If your program requires your poster to be judged, please contact email@example.com and indicate the program and your manuscript number when you upload your submission to Purdue e-Pubs. Therefore, awards are not presented.
- Oral presentations will be judged by the Honors College.
- Abstracts are only needed for determining oral presenters and poster presenters.
- Deadline to submit your abstract: October 18, 2018 (extended).
Spring 2019 15th Annual Purdue Undergraduate Research Conference
Thursday, April 4: Oral Presentations, 1pm-4pm, STEW 214ABCD
- Full papers are required for determining oral presenters.
- Oral presentations will be judged with awards to the top presenters.
- Deadline to submit your full paper: February 4, 2019.
Tuesday, April 9: Poster Symposium, 9am-11:30am & 1pm-3:30pm, PMU Ballrooms
- Posters will be judged with awards to the top poster presenters.
- Abstracts are needed for determining poster presenters.
- Morning and afternoon sessions are available.
- Deadline to submit your abstract: March 1, 2019.