In preparation for completing your FERPA certification, please review the FERPA training materials.
To complete a certification, please register for your certification here: www.eventreg.purdue.edu/webcert.
Click on the arrow on the right side of the Enterprise Certifications box in order to choose the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act/FERPA.
Once registered, please allow five minutes for processing, then go to BlackBoard Learn or use the following link to take the quiz: https://mycourses.purdue.edu.
Please note: You will need to score 100% on the quiz to be certified. For more information, please visit the WebCert Web site: http://www.purdue.edu/hr/OE/webcert.html.
Additional information can be found on the WebCert OE SharePoint: https://sharepoint.purdue.edu/sites/treasurer/vphr/oe/webcert/SitePages/Home.aspx.
You will receive an e-mail notification reminder when your certification is close to expiration.
- A Quick Reference Guide to Understanding and Applying FERPA
- FERPA Basics for Staff
- Information For Students & Parents at Purdue University
- FERPA Certification
- Notification of Rights Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- University's Access to Student Education Records
- FERPA Annual Notification of Student Rights