The Graduate School Advance to a Higher Degree


Small, supplemental grants are available to graduate students at Purdue, including travel grants, training grants and child care grants. Most of the grants are open for student applications.

  • Travel grants provide graduate students with funds for travel, either to conferences to present their research or to research sites to collect data.
  • Training grants provide funds to develop professional skills.
  • Child care grants are available to subsidize child care expenses for graduate students with children. This grant is based on financial need, and students must complete a FASFA form to be considered.

Among the grants that are open for student applications are the Frederick N. Andrews Environmental Travel Grant, the Russell O. Blosser Environmental Travel Grant, the A.H. Ismail Interdisciplinary Graduate School Grant and The Graduate School Incentive Grant. For more information on these grants, please visit the Graduate-School Awarded Grants (Open) page.

Among the grants that are not open for student applications are The Graduate School Summer Research Grants. For more information on those, visit Faculty-Awarded Grants (Closed).

Ernest C. Young Hall, Room 170 | 155  S. Grant Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907-2114 | 765-494-2600

© 2017 Purdue University | An equal access/equal opportunity university | Copyright Complaints | Maintained by The Purdue University Graduate School

If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability, please contact The Purdue University Graduate School.